No Legal Fees Unless We Win
Our Virginia dog bite attorneys operate under a no free promise: this means that you are not responsible for any legal fees unless we win or settle your case. Contact us to learn more about your legal rights 877-544-5323.
Things to Consider After the Attack
- Seek medical attention immediately. You do not know whether or not the animal has been vaccinated against rabies. Even if they have, you are still at risk for infection.
- Report the incident by calling the Loudoun County Animal Control: Eastern Loudoun 703-777-0406 & Western Loudoun 540-882-3211
- Take photos of your injuries. Be sure to take photos of your injuries right after the attack, and continue to take photos through the healing process. This will be important evidence for your case.
- Contact a Virginia dog bite lawyer who is experienced with dog bite cases to help you get the best possible settlement.
Compensation for Dog Bite Claims
Depending on the circumstances of your situation, you may be entitled to the following damages:
- Pain and suffering: This is the right to compensation for physical pain and suffering and mental anguish you have suffered and could possibly endure in the future.
- Loss of Earnings: You are entitled to recover for the loss of earnings which you suffered from your injuries.
- Future Loss of Earnings: If your injuries have prevented you from your ability to earn income in the future, you can recover damages for the value of the reduction in earning capacity with reasonable probability which will occur in the future.
- Disﬁgurement: If the injury causes scarring or other unsightly marks, the victim is entitled to recovery for the disﬁgurement. Because these injuries are often in very visible places, victims are often very self-conscious of their appearance.
- Children are frequently bitten in the facial region and require plastic surgery.
- Medical Expenses: Dangers include any sort of medical expenses that a victim has had to pay for at a hospital, clinic, or to a pharmacy.
- Wrongful Death of a Loved One: Fatal dog attacks don’t happen very often, but when they do occur, they’re always incredibly tragic. No one ever expects to lose a loved one in such a violent way. The Virginia wrongful death statute allows certain family members of the victim to file a claim on the behalf of the deceased.
Virginia Dog Bite Lawyers
Owners have a strict responsibility to keep their dogs safely contained, and that responsibility is all-the-more important if the dog is found to be dangerous or vicious.
Our lawyers know the rules, the regulations, and the laws surrounding dogs and dog attacks, and we know how to fight for you in order to win you the legal redress to which you are entitled.
Areas We Serve
Loudoun County: Hamilton, Hillsboro, Leesburg, Lovettsville, Middleburg, Purcellville, Round Hill, Airmont, Aldie, Arcola, Ashburn, Belmont, Bloomfield, Bluemont, Brambleton, Britian, Broadlands, Conklin, Dover, Dulles, Elvan, Eubanks, Georges Mill, Gilberts Corner, Gleedsville, Howardsville, Lansdowne, Leithtown, Lenah, Lincoln, Loudoun Heights, Lucketts, Morrisonville, Mount Gilead, Neersville, Oak Grove, Oatlands, Paeonian Springs, Paxon, Philomont, Potomac Falls, Potomac Green, Randolph Corner, River Creek, Ryan, Saint Louis, Scattersville, Silcott Spring, South Riding, Sterling, Sterling Park, Stewartown, Stone Ridge, Stumptown, Sycolin, Taylorstown, Telegraph Spring, Trapp, Unison, Virts Corner, Waterfod, Watson, Waxpool, Wheatland, Willard Willisville, Woodbrun