Our Virginia dog bite lawyers know the rules, regulations, and laws related to dog attacks. We’ve helped our clients get the justice and compensation they deserve after an attack. Our clients include children, postal workers, UPS and FedEx delivery drivers, joggers, pedestrians, neighbors, and many more.
If you’ve been attack and would like to discuss your legal options, contact our office for a free consultation. Our Virginia dog bite attorneys operate under a no free promise: this means that you are not responsible for any legal fees unless we win your case.
What to do After a Loudoun Dog Attack
- Seek medical attention immediately. After a dog attack, you may be at risk for rabies or other serious infections. It is always a good idea to seek help from a medical professional for treatment.
- Report the incident by calling the police and animal control. Authorities will need to conduct an investigation into the incident, and will likely need to quarantine the dog.
- Take photos of your injuries. Take photos of your injuries as soon as you can, and continue to take photos throughout the healing process. This will become very important evidence in your case.
- Hire a dog bite lawyer. You should consider speaking to an experienced Virginia dog bite lawyer to discuss your legal options.
Compensation Available to Dog Bite Victims
Depending on the circumstances of your situation, you may be entitled to the following damages:
- Pain and suffering: This is the right to compensation for physical pain and suffering and mental anguish you have suffered and could possibly endure in the future.
- Loss of Earnings: You are entitled to recover for the loss of earnings which you suffered from your injuries.
- Future Loss of Earnings: If your injuries have prevented you from your ability to earn income in the future, you can recover damages for the value of the reduction in earning capacity with reasonable probability which will occur in the future.
- Disﬁgurement: If the injury causes scarring or other unsightly marks, the victim is entitled to recovery for the disﬁgurement. Because these injuries are often in very visible places, victims are often very self-conscious of their appearance.
- Medical Expenses: Damages include any sort of medical expenses that a victim has had to pay for at a hospital, clinic, or to a pharmacy.
- Wrongful Death of a Loved One: No one ever expects to lose a loved one in such a violent way. The Virginia wrongful death statute allows certain family members of the victim to file a claim on the behalf of the deceased.
Statute of Limitations (Legal Deadlines)
In Virginia, there are strict deadlines for filing a lawsuit. In many cases, Virginia provides a two-year deadline also known as a Statute of Limitations. However, sometimes special circumstances apply and can alter that deadline. It is important to contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible after the accident to protect your rights.
Virginia Dog Bite Lawyer Richard Serpe
Richard Serpe is a highly skilled Virginia personal injury attorney with a reputation for meticulous trial preparation and presentation. He has a tremendous track record of success in obtaining substantial jury verdicts and settlements for his clients. A large portion of his career has been devoted to the representation of injured children.
Richard Serpe’s Professional Honors:
- Named a “Super Lawyer” – among the top 5% of lawyers in Virginia (2006 – Present)
- Rated 10/10 “Superb” by attorney rating service Avvo.com
- Listed in Best Lawyers® (2005 – Present)
- AV rating from the Martindale-Hubbell law directory, the highest given
Areas We Serve in Loudoun County: Hamilton, Hillsboro, Leesburg, Lovettsville, Middleburg, Purcellville, Round Hill, Airmont, Aldie, Arcola, Ashburn, Belmont, Bloomfield, Bluemont, Brambleton, Britian, Broadlands, Conklin, Dover, Dulles, Elvan, Eubanks, Georges Mill, Gilberts Corner, Gleedsville, Howardsville, Lansdowne, Leithtown, Lenah, Lincoln, Loudoun Heights, Lucketts, Morrisonville, Mount Gilead, Neersville, Oak Grove, Oatlands, Paeonian Springs, Paxon, Philomont, Potomac Falls, Potomac Green, Randolph Corner, River Creek, Ryan, Saint Louis, Scattersville, Silcott Spring, South Riding, Sterling, Sterling Park, Stewartown, Stone Ridge, Stumptown, Sycolin, Taylorstown, Telegraph Spring, Trapp, Unison, Virts Corner, Waterfod, Watson, Waxpool, Wheatland, Willard Willisville, Woodbrun, and all of Virginia.