Richard Serpe is a highly skilled Virginia personal injury attorney with a reputation for meticulous trial preparation and presentation. He has a tremendous track record of success in obtaining favorable jury verdicts and settlements for his clients. A substantial portion of his career has been devoted to the representation of injured children. He specializes in personal injury cases involving wrongful death, car accidents, dog bites and animal attacks, and maritime injury.
Education & Experience
Richard Serpe earned his undergraduate degree in economics from the University of Virginia in 1983 and his juris doctor degree from Tulane University School of Law in 1986. He is admitted to practice law in Virginia, Texas and Louisiana.
- Best Lawyers in America® (2005 – Present)
- Lawyer of the Year – Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, Norfolk, VA (2020)
- AV rating from the Martindale-Hubbell law directory, highest given
- “Super Lawyer” – top 5% of lawyers in Virginia (2006 – Present)
- Rated 10/10 – “Superb” by online attorney rating service, Avvo.com
Free Legal Book
Consider reading this book before hiring a lawyer or speaking with the insurance company.
Insurance companies have vast resources to prevent you from receiving a maximum settlement, and this book provides the tools you need to stay informed and protect yourself.
Richard Serpe wrote this free book to educate individuals, and their family members, about their legal rights if they are injured in a Virginia dog attack. Do your own research before you decide to hire a lawyer or speak to the insurance company.