Things to Consider After the Dog Attack
1. Seek medical attention immediately. You do not know whether or not the animal has been vaccinated against rabies. Even if they have, you are still at risk for infection.
2. Report the incident call to animal control.
3. Take photos of your injuries. This will become important evidence in your case.
4. Contact a Virginia dog bite lawyer.
Typical damages that dog bite victims can receive compensation for include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of earnings while unable to work
- Future loss of earnings if you cannot return to work
- Disﬁgurement – If the injury causes scarring or other unsightly marks
- Medical Expenses
Virginia Dog Bite Lawyer
Dog bites are serious, scary and potentially fatal incidents. The matter is serious enough that the Virginia Supreme Court has ruled in two separate instances on various dog bite matters. There is no excuse for allowing your dog to roam freely and potentially injure someone, especially when that dog is known to be vicious or dangerous. My Virginia personal injury law firm specializes in dog bites and attacks. If you’ve been injured from a dog bite attack, you should be aware of your legal rights and the compensation you may be entitled to due to your injuries.
No Fee Promise
Our Virginia dog bite attorneys operate under a no fee promise. This means that you are not responsible for any legal fees unless we win or settle your case. Contact us to learn more about your legal rights 877-544-5323
Henrico County Animal Laws
Henrico County Code outlines the finer details of what is expected of dog owners in the area, as well as the protocol should an attack occur. Here is what you need to know:
- Leash law : Henrico’s control ordinance does not require a dog to be on a leash, however it does require animals to be under the owner’s control at all times
- Running at-large : It is prohibited for any dog to run at large within the county at any time. However, the owner or custodian may allow the dog to run at large if they are within a county-designated off-lease, fenced dog exercise area.
- A dangerous dog is categorized by a canine which has bitten, attacked, or caused injury to a person or a companion animal.
- All animal bites of human beings must be reported to the county division of police within 24 hours after it has happened.
Our attorneys are available to assist all Henrico County residents including: Chamberlayne, Dunbarton, East Highland Park, Glen Allen, Highland Springs, Innsbrook, Lakeside, Laurel, Montrose, Sandston, Short Pump, Tuckahoe, Wyndham, Fair Oaks, and Varina.