Helping You Recover Compensation For Your Injuries and Anguish After A Richmond Dog Attack That Wasn’t Your Fault
Our Virginia dog bite injury lawyers represent children, delivery drivers, postal workers, and anyone else attacked by a dog. Attorney Richard Serpe has over 37 years of experience and results helping the injured recover compensation. If you’ve been attacked, contact us to discuss your legal options; call/text 757-233-0009 anytime.
We offer a no fee promise, which means that you don’t owe us any legal fees unless we settle or win your case. Our firm will work on your behalf to get a fair settlement, and only charge legal fees if you receive a settlement or verdict.
DO YOU HAVE A DOG BITE CASE?
- Were you or a loved one attacked by someone else’s dog?
- Did the attack cause serious physical injury?
- Did you seek medical attention for your injuries?
- Was the attack a result of dog owner (or caretaker) negligence?
- Did the attack occur in Virginia?
If you’ve answered yes to all of these questions, you may have a Virginia personal injury case. Consider consulting with a Virginia personal injury lawyer experienced with dog bite/attack cases to determine your options.
VIRGINIA DOG BITE LAWYER
Richard Serpe is a highly skilled Virginia personal injury attorney with a reputation for meticulous trial preparation and presentation. He has a tremendous track record of success in obtaining substantial jury verdicts and settlements for his clients. As a personal injury attorney, he advocates for those who have been injured due to the negligence of another person, dangerous product, or company. A large portion of his 35-year legal career has been devoted to the representation of injured children.
Awards & Recognition
- “Super Lawyer” – top 5% in Virginia (2006 – Present)
- Best Lawyers (2005 – Present)
- Norfolk Personal Injury Lawyer of the Year (2020)
- AV rating from the Martindale-Hubbell law directory, highest given
- Rated 10/10 – “Superb” by attorney rating service Avvo.com
WHAT TO DO AFTER THE ATTACK
- Seek medical attention immediately. You do not know whether or not the animal has been vaccinated against rabies. Even if they have, you are still at risk for infection if you were bitten or scratched. It is also important to have your injuries documented by a medical professional.
- Report the incident to the proper authorities as soon as possible. If you are injured you should call the police so they can get you the proper medical care you may need. It is also a good idea to report the incident to Richmond Animal Control (804-646-5573) so that they can conduct an investigation. Animal control will also need to quarantine the animal to observe for signs of rabies.
- Take photos of your injuries. Be sure to take photos of your initial injuries and to also document the healing process. This can become crucial evidence for your case.
- Contact an experienced dog bite lawyer to help you get the best settlement possible. We've been helping dog attack victims for years and have a deep understanding of the law. Contact us to discuss your situation.
COMPENSATION FOR DOG BITE VICTIMS
Depending on the circumstances surrounding your attack, you may be eligible for the following damages:
- Pain and suffering: This is the right to compensation for physical pain and suffering and mental anguish you have suffered and could possibly endure in the future.
- Loss of Income: You are entitled to recover for the loss of earnings which you suffered from your injuries.
- Future Loss of Income: If your injuries have prevented you from your ability to earn income in the future, you can recover damages for the value of the reduction in earning capacity with reasonable probability which will occur in the future.
- Scarring & Disﬁgurement: If the injury causes scarring or other unsightly marks, the victim is entitled to recovery for the disﬁgurement. Because these injuries are often in very visible places, victims are often very self-conscious of their appearance.
- Medical Bills: Dangers include any sort of medical expenses that a victim has had to pay for at a hospital, clinic, or to a pharmacy.
- Wrongful Death: Fatal dog attacks are rare, but when they do occur, they’re always incredibly tragic. No one ever expects to lose a loved one in such a violent way. The Virginia wrongful death statute allows certain family members of the victim to file a claim on the behalf of the deceased.
VIRGINIA DOG BITE SETTLEMENTS
- $100,000.00 - Mail carrier injured knee
- $100,000.00 - FedEx driver arm injuries
- $100,000.00 - Child attacked by neighbor's dog
- $150,000.00 - Client sustained facial wounds
STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS (DEADLINES)
In Virginia, there are strict deadlines for filing a lawsuit. In many cases, Virginia provides a two-year deadline also known as a Statute of Limitations for personal injury lawsuits. However, sometimes special circumstances apply and can alter that deadline. It is important to contact an experienced attorney as soon as possible after the accident to protect your rights.
While two years may sound like a long time, certain steps in the claims process can be lengthy. Important evidence can also be lost overtime. Don't wait. The sooner you hire a lawyer to protect your rights, the sooner you can put the incident behind you.
VIRGINIA DOG BITE LAWYER
If you'd like to discuss your case with one of our Virginia dog bite lawyers, give us a call or send us an email to setup an appointment. It's free and there is no obligation. After learning more about what happened to you or your loved one, we will help you to understand you legal options. If you do decide to retain us to represent you, we have a no fee promise - you pay no legal fees unless we settle or win your case.