Things to Consider After an Attack
- Seek medical attention immediately. You do not know whether or not the animal has been vaccinated against rabies. Even if they have, you are still at risk for infection.
- Report the incident by calling the Fluvanna Animal Control 434-589-8211.
- Take photos of your injuries for evidence.
- Contact a Virginia dog bite lawyer.
Depending on the circumstances surrounding your dog attack,, you may be eligible for:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of earnings while unable to work
- Future loss of earnings if you cannot return to work
- Disﬁgurement – If the injury causes scarring or other unsightly marks
- Medical Expenses
- Wrongful Death
Virginia Dog Bite Lawyer
Owners have a strict responsibility to keep their dogs safely contained, and that responsibility is all-the-more important if the dog is found to be dangerous or vicious. My Virginia-based personal injury law firm specializes in dog bit and dog attack cases. My lawyers and I know the rules, the regulations, and the laws surrounding dogs and dog attacks, and we know how to fight for you in order to win you the legal redress to which you are entitled. Nobody should have to suffer because a dog owner should have known better.
No Fee Promise
Our Virginia dog bite attorneys operate under a no free promise: this means that you are not responsible for any legal fees unless we win or settle your case. Contact us to learn more about your legal rights 877-544-5323
Fluvanna Animal Laws
Under Virginia law, a person who owns a dog or otherwise has custody or control of the dog has certain legal duties, including:
- It is the duty of the owner of domestic animals to exercise ordinary care to prevent them from running at large beyond the boundaries of his own land. This requirement may turn on whether your county or city has a “leash law” ordinance. Check our website for a list of these cities and counties.
- If the owner of a dog sees or in the exercise of reasonable care should have been aware of the fact that his animal was about to attack or injure another person or their property, then the owner is under a duty to exercise reasonable care to prevent it from doing so.
- Dog owners are charged with knowledge of the general propensities of dogs and also of any particular propensities peculiar to the breed of dog that he knew or in the exercise of ordinary care should have known. Insofar as any such propensities were of a nature likely to cause injury, it is the duty of dog owners to exercise ordinary care to guard against them and to prevent injuries that were reasonably to be anticipated from any such propensities.
Fluvanna: Columbia, Scottsville, Fork Union, Lake Monticello, Palmyra