If you've been injured by a dog in Culpeper, you should know your options and your rights after such an event.
If you've been attacked by a dog in Culpeper, Virginia:
- Seek medical attention immediately - You do not know whether or not the animal has been vaccinated against rabies. Even if they have, you are still at risk for infection.
- Report the incident-
- Culpeper Department of Animal Services 540-547-4477
- 10144 James Monroe Highway, Culpeper, VA 22701
- Find Witnesses - Gather as much information as possible from witnesses about the dog and the incident.
- Contact a Virginia dog bite lawyer.
An animal that has bitten someone must be quarantined for a ten-day period at least. The victim should attempt to identify the animal so that authorities can act accordingly.
Compensation for Dog Bite Victims
Depending on the circumstances of your situation, you may be entitled to the following damages:
- Pain and suffering: This is the right to compensation for physical pain and suffering and mental anguish you have suffered and could possibly endure in the future.
- Loss of Earnings: You are entitled to recover for the loss of earnings which you suffered from your injuries.
- Future Loss of Earnings: If your injuries have prevented you from your ability to earn income in the future, you can recover damages for the value of the reduction in earning capacity with reasonable probability which will occur in the future.
- Disﬁgurement: If the injury causes scarring or other unsightly marks, the victim is entitled to recovery for the disﬁgurement. Because these injuries are often in very visible places, victims are often very self-conscious of their appearance.
- Children are frequently bitten in the facial region and require plastic surgery.
- Medical Expenses: Dangers include any sort of medical expenses that a victim has had to pay for at a hospital, clinic, or to a pharmacy.
- Wrongful Death of a Loved One: Fatal dog attacks don’t happen very often, but when they do occur, they’re always incredibly tragic. No one ever expects to lose a loved one in such a violent way. The Virginia wrongful death statute allows certain family members of the victim to file a claim on the behalf of the deceased.
Virginia Dog Bite Lawyer
Owners have a responsibility to keep their dogs safely contained, and that responsibility is all-the-more important if the dog is found to be dangerous or vicious. My Virginia-based personal injury law firm specializes in dog bit and dog attack cases. My lawyers and I know the rules, the regulations, and the laws surrounding dogs and dog attacks, and we know how to fight for you in order to win you the legal redress to which you are entitled. Nobody should have to suffer because a dog owner should have known better.
No Fee Promise
Our Virginia dog bite attorneys operate under a no free promise: this means that you are not responsible for any legal fees unless we win or settle your case. Contact us to learn more about your legal rights 877-544-5323