If you’ve been injured by a dog in Augusta County, you should know the laws and regulations concerning animal attacks – including your rights should you become a victim.
If you’ve been bitten by a dog, I know how scary the incident is; I also know how injurious a bite from a vicious dog can be. Pet owners have an ironclad responsibility to ensure that their dogs cannot harm individuals, particularly if the dog is known to be vicious. The Code of Virginia requires that an owner of a dangerous dog has to register its dangerous status with the city; a “dangerous dog” is legally defined as one who has attacked, bitten or otherwise injured another person or animal.
Things to Consider After the Dog Attack
- Seek immediate medical attention, even if you don’t think you have been injured. Remember, there is no way of knowing if the animal is vaccinated against rabies.
- Report the incident to the proper authorities as soon as possible – August County, VA Animal Control 540-245-5635
- Take pictures of your injuries. This will become important evidence in your case.
- Contact a Virginia dog bite attorney.
Typical damages that dog bite victims can receive compensation for include:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of earnings while unable to work
- Future loss of earnings if you cannot return to work
- Disﬁgurement – If the injury causes scarring or other unsightly marks
- Medical Expenses
- Wrongful Death
Virginia Dog Bite Lawyer
In the event of a dog attack in which you’ve been injured, it’s important to know your legal rights, and the right you have to compensation for medical bills, injuries, trauma, and other factors. A personal injury attorney can help you recover such damages. My personal injury law firm, based in Virginia, specializes in dog bite cases; my lawyers and I know how to fight for you against negligent owners and recover the full slate of compensation to which you are entitled.
No Fee Promise
Our Virginia dog bite attorneys operate under a no fee promise. This means that you are not responsible for any legal fees unless we win or settle your case. Contact us to learn more about your legal rights 877-544-5323
Augusta County: Craigsville, Grottoes, Churchville, Crimora, Dooms, Fishersville, Fort Defiance, Greenville, Jolivue, Lyndhurst, Mint Spring, Mount Sidney, Mount Solon, Sherando, Spring Hill, Steeles Tavern, Stuarts Draft, Swoope, Verona, West Augusta, Weyers Cave