Nelson County Dog Bite & Attack Laws | Virginia Dog Bite Lawyer
If you’ve been injured by a dog in Nelson County, you should know the laws and regulations concerning animal attacks– and your rights after such an event.
If you’ve been attacked by a dog in Nelson County, Virginia:
- Seek medical attention immediately. You do not know whether or not the animal has been vaccinated against rabies. Even if they have, you are still at risk for infection.
- Report the incident by calling the Nelson County, Virginia Animal Control 4434-263-7047.
- Gather as much information as possible from witnesses about the dog and the incident.
- Contact a Virginia dog bite lawyer.
An animal that has bitten someone must be quarantined for a ten-day period at least. The victim should attempt to identify the animal so that authorities can act accordingly.
Dog bite victims may be eligible to receive compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of earnings while unable to work
- Future loss of earnings if you cannot return to work
- Disﬁgurement – If the injury causes scarring or other unsightly marks
- Medical Expenses
- Wrongful Death
Virginia Dog Bite Lawyers
Owners have a strict responsibility to keep their dogs safely contained, and that responsibility is all-the-more important if the dog is found to be dangerous or vicious. My Virginia-based personal injury law firm specializes in dog bit and dog attack cases. My lawyers and I know the rules, the regulations, and the laws surrounding dogs and dog attacks, and we know how to fight for you in order to win you the legal redress to which you are entitled. Nobody should have to suffer because a dog owner should have known better.
No Fee Promise
Our Virginia dog bite attorneys operate under a no free promise: this means that you are not responsible for any legal fees unless we win or settle your case. Contact us to learn more about your legal rights 877-544-5323
Nelson County: Afton, Arrington, Bryant, Colleen, Gladstone, Lodebar, Lovingston, Massies Mill, Montebello, Nellysford, Roseland, Schuyler, SHipman, Tyro, Wingina, Woods Mill